The Philippines ambassador to the United Arab Emirates says a wanted man named by President Rodrigo Duterte as a major drug kingpin has been arrested in the Arab country’s capital. Ambassador Constancio Vingno Jr. told The Associated Press on Monday that Rolando “Kerwin” Espinosa Jr. was arrested Sunday night in an apartment in Abu Dhabi.
Watch what else is making news:
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Vingno said Abu Dhabi investigators used intelligence gathered by the Philippine National Police to locate Espinosa, and that his country hopes to extradite Espinosa to stand trial back home.
An Interpol red notice for Espinosa, the son of a mayor also accused of being a drug kingpin, says he is wanted on drug and weapons charges.
It wasn’t clear if he had a lawyer. Vingno said Espinosa hadn’t requested consular assistance.