Authorities in El Salvador say a national police officer has been decapitated after visiting his girlfriend on leave amid the growing bloodshed between gang and government forces.
Police and prosecutors say they believe the 37-year-old from a small town in eastern El Salvador was the 41st officer to be slain this year by the country’s powerful street gangs. The gangs are also suspected in the killings of 19 soldiers and a prison guard during the same period.
The government has been locked in a bloody war with the nation’s gangs, with seven police officers and one soldier slain over the past 10 days.
Security forces have also inflicted heavy losses on the gangs, sparking accusations of extrajudicial killings.
The Central American country was among the world’s deadliest last year.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review