Eight people were injured after a hand grenade was thrown at a nightspot in a suburb near here today, police said, ruling out terrorism as a motive.
The explosion occurred at about 2.15 am in the front porch of Movida restaurant in busy Puchong district when some patrons in the restaurant were watching a Euro 2016 football match, police said.
- Indonesia: Suicide bombers strike police headquarters in Surabaya; one killed
- Two BSF jawans killed, three civilians injured in IED blast in Imphal
- Youth held, Punjab Police says was ISI hand planning attacks
- Grenade found in Kondhwa park, secured by bomb squad
- Dhaka attack: Bangladesh police may have shot one of the hostages
- Grenade attack wounds 10 in Kenya tourist resort: Police
Police ruled out terror attack and said the blast is likely motivated by business rivalry among the local gangsters or a revenge attack.
According to initial probe, the attackers threw the explosive at a couple in the outlet.