Eight Indian men along with three others have been arrested by officials of the US Customs department for allegedly trying to illegally enter American territory of Puerto Rico. The arrests were made yesterday by the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) along with local law enforcement agencies from Dominican Republic. These 11 undocumented migrants from India and Dominican Republic made landfall Wednesday in the islands’ western coast, CBP said in a statement.
“Migrants that make an extremely long travel from India should be aware of the perils of coming all the way to the Caribbean to enter the United States,” said Ramiro Cerrillo, Ramey Sector Chief Patrol Agent for the Ramey Sector in Aguadilla.
“Crossing the Mona Passage is a treacherous voyage filled with many dangers that pose a huge risk to migrants,” he said. The undocumented people were transported to the Ramey Border Patrol station for further investigation and processing. On September 29, Border Patrol Agents apprehended 20 migrants, 13 claiming to be citizens of the Dominican Republic (12 males and 1 female) and seven claiming to be Indian nationals (six males and one female).
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
On February 1, four undocumented migrants from Pakistan and India were apprehended while wandering in the western side of the island. In October last year, Border Patrol also apprehended 13 undocumented migrants from India.