After the release of a 2005 footage of US presidential nominee Donald Trump making lewd comments on women, his wife, Melania, has called them “unacceptable and offensive”. Melania Trump made a rare statement on her husband’s campaign website saying: “The words my husband used are unacceptable and offensive to me. This does not represent the man that I know. He has the heart and mind of a leader. I hope people will accept his apology, as I have, and focus on the important issues facing our nation and the world”
In a video unearthed by The Washington Post, Donald Trump was seen making the remarks with American television host Billy Bush. The Republican nominee talked about having sex with a married woman and kissing and groping others without permission. The video also showed Trump using graphic terms to describe women’s bodies.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
At the time, Trump had been newly married to Slovenian model Melania Knauss.
Donald Trump apologized for his comments in the video. However it has already caused quite a stir within the Republican party, with leaders rebuking Trump’s statements and supporters changing their minds. House Speaker Paul Ryan uninvited Trump from an event which was to be his first with the Republican presidential candidate.
Democratic nominee and Trump’s rival Hillary Clinton tweeted that “we cannot allow this man to become the president.” She termed the situation as “horrific”.