US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Saturday put forward proposals for his first 100 days in office if elected President, calling his plan “a contract” between him and US voters. Speaking at a rally in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the New York billionaire real estate developer pledged to clean house in Washington, D.C. with a “new government of, by and for the people”, and accused his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton of running against “change” and against “all of the American people”, Xinhua news agency reported.
“Our campaign represents the kind of change that only arrives once in a lifetime,” said the candidate famous for his bellicose style.
However, Trump did not put forward any new proposals in his 40-minute speech. Rather, he packaged his past plans into a number of legislative measures.
According to his 100-day plan, a Trump administration would curb illegal immigration, and impose Congressional term limits.
On the economy, Trump vowed to create over 25 million jobs in one decade, renegotiate US international trade deals and cancel billions in payments to the United Nations’ climate change programmes to use the money to invest domestically.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“On November 8, Americans will be voting on this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our country, secure our communities and honesty to our government,” said Trump.