Indians studying in American educational institutions should not be kicked out as the country needs smart people like them, Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump has said as he sought to set the record straight about his immigration policies.
“Whether we like that or not, they pay, et cetera, et cetera but we educate a lot of people, very smart people. We need those people in the country,” Trump, 69, told Fox News in an interview when asked about his views on legal immigration.
“They cannot come into the country. You know, they go to Harvard, they are first in their class and they’re from India they go back to India and they setup companies and they make a fortune and they employ lots of people and all of that,” he said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- No pathway for legal status for illegal immigrants: Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump clash over who is best for US minorities
- Not flip-flopping on immigration: Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump 'fixated' over the term 'radical Islam'
- May seek India's help on 'unstable' Pak's nukes: Donald Trump
- All illegal immigrants in US will have to go back: Donald Trump
“Many people want to stay in this country and then want to do that. I think somebody that goes through years of
college in this country we shouldn’t kick them out the day they graduate, which we do,” Trump said clarifying his position on certain aspect of H-1B visas.
Trump has been widely accused of having an “all or nothing” stance when it comes to immigrants. There are about the roughly 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States.
He has been advocating the scrapping of the H-1B visa programme from the beginning of his campaign as he thinks it is “very unfair” for American workers and has been taking away their jobs.
IT professionals from India and major Indian IT companies are beneficiary of H-1B, a non-immigrant visa in the US
which allows US employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in speciality occupations.