Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump “choked” while meeting with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto as he failed to press on his promise of making Mexico build a wall along the US’ southern border, his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton alleged on Wednesday. “When it comes to the wall that Donald talks about building, he went to Mexico, had a meeting with the Mexican president but did not even raise it, he choked and then got into a Twitter war because the Mexican president said we are not paying for that wall,” Clinton, 68, said during the third and final presidential debate in Washington.
Trump’s plan to build a wall and a strong deportation policy would rip the country apart and is not in tune with the values of the nation, the former secretary of state said. “We are both a nation of immigrants and we are a nation of laws and that we can act accordingly. And that is why I am introducing comprehensive immigration reform within the first 100 days with the path to citizenship,” Clinton said.
Trump, 70, refuted Clinton’s allegations, saying, “I had a very good meeting with the President of Mexico. Very nice man. We will be doing very much better with Mexico on trade deals. The NAFTA deal signed by her husband is one of the worst deals ever made of any kind, signed by anybody. It is a disaster”.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“Hillary Clinton wanted the wall. Hillary Clinton fought for the wall in 2006 or thereabouts. Now, she never gets anything done, so naturally the wall was not built. But Hillary Clinton wanted the wall,” Trump claimed. He alleged that Clinton wants to give amnesty.
“This is a disaster and very unfair to all of the people that are waiting on line for many, many years. We need strong borders. Illegal immigrants are coming to the country and many of them are engaged in criminal activities. They are coming in illegally. Drugs are pouring in through the border. We have no country if we have no border,” the business tycoon said.
“Hillary wants to give amnesty. She wants to have open borders. I want to build the wall. We need the wall. And the Border Patrol, ICE, they all want the wall. We stop the drugs. We shore up the border. One of my first acts will be to get all of the drug lords, all of the bad ones – we have some bad, bad people in this country that have to go out. We are going to get them out, we are going to secure the border. And once the border is secured, at a later date, we will make a determination as to the rest. But we have some bad hombres here and we are going to get them out,” Trump said.