Bangladesh’s Counterterrorism and Transnational Crimes (CTTC) unit has claimed that they have identified three persons as the financier of the Holey Artisan Bakery attack. CTTC chief Monirul Islam disclosed it in a press conference held in Minto road office on Tuesday, reports the Dhaka Tribune.
He said the three financiers have been identified as Dr Rokonuzzaman, Tanveer Quaderi and Major Zahid. Of them, Dr Rokonuzzaman left Bangladesh for Syria while the rest two died in shootout during police drive in their dens.
On July 1, gunmen, allegedly belonging to the Islamic State, killed 20 hostages – mostly foreigners – at Holey Artisan bakery in Gulshan, Dhaka’s diplomatic zone. Two police officers were also killed during the 12-hour-long siege.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen