Bangladesh Police Thursday arrested four ‘weapon suppliers’ who smuggled from India arms and materials used in the country’s worst terror attack at a cafe here that claimed 22 lives including of an Indian girl in July. “Our counter-terrorism unit arrested them from Mirpur area last night… we are now interrogating them in our custody after obtaining a three-day remand order from a court,” police spokesman Masudur Rahman said.
The four are believed to have supplied grenade detonators, gel and weapons smuggled from India used in the neo-JMB attacks across the country, he said. The development came more than a week after police said they succeeded in tracing the source of the not-so-modern weaponry used by terrorists while they all were operatives of neo-JMB, which is said to be ideologically linked to ISIS, which had claimed the responsibility of the cafe attack.
Media reports quoting a police officer said during initial investigation, the suspects confessed to smuggling weapons and explosives across the Indian border near Bangladesh’s northwestern Chapainawabganj district.
In August, police killed the mastermind of the country’s worst terror attack on July 1 at Holey Artisan Bakery in Dhaka that killed 22 people. An Indian girl was among 17 foreigners killed in the attack. ISIS had claimed responsibility for the cafe attack but police believe that neo-Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh was involved in organising the attack.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched