Syria on Sunday praised Russia as a “serious and credible” player in fighting terrorism, state news agency SANA reported.
The Russian aerial military operations in Syria have proven its seriousness and credibility in fighting terrorism, Xinhua quoted Syria’s Foreign Ministry as saying on the first anniversary of the Russian military intervention in support of the Syrian government against five years of insurgency.
“The Russian military support in Syria has led to tightening noose on the terrorist groups and prevented them from expanding to other countries,” the ministry said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
It said the “strategic” relation between Moscow and Damascus is not just confined to the military support, which also coordinates in reaching a political solution to the country’s long-running conflict.
The ministry concluded by expressing gratitude to Russia for “standing by Syria on the military, political and economic levels and helping Syria to regain security and stability.”