The United Nations will name the comic book character Wonder Woman as its new Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Woman and Girls. The UN said in a statement Wednesday that Wonder Woman will be formally designated for the position at a ceremony on Oct. 21 at its New York headquarters.
DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson will accept the designation on behalf of the comic book, TV and film character.
The ceremony will also launch a campaign supporting gender equality and women’s empowerment, one of the UN’s global goals.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The event is sponsored by Warner Bros and DC Entertainment, who are partnering with the UN and UNICEF for a year-long campaign.