China International Capital Corp (CICC) and China Investment Securities are in advanced talks about the merger of the two companies, two sources with knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Friday. Earlier on Friday, CICC halted its shares from trading saying that move was pending an announcement of “a very substantial acquisition”, without elaborating.
Chinese newspaper 21st Century Business Herald reported late on Thursday the merger between CICC and China Investment Securities has been approved by “senior leadership”.
Shenzhen-based China Investment Securities is 100 percent owned by Central Huijin Investment Ltd, a unit of China’s sovereign wealth fund China Investment Corp (CIC), according to the brokerage’s website.
Founded in 1995, CICC was part-owned by Morgan Stanley till the Wall Street bank sold its 34.3 percent stake in 2010 to a consortium that included KKR & Co and TPG Capital. Central Huijin owns about 28.45 percent of CICC.
CICC declined to comment further than what it said in the stock exchange announcement, while China Investment Securities could not be reached immediately for a comment. The sources declined to be identified as the discussions are confidential.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More