A Chinese man was on Tuesday sentenced to death by a court for setting a passenger bus on fire which killed three people.
The defendant Xu Xiaofu sought revenge on society by causing the fire in 2014 which left three people dead and 16 others injured because his improper demands had not been met, Intermediate People’s Court of Yantai City in Shandong Province said, without specifying Xu’s demands.
- VIDEO: Shop owner RISKS LIFE to SAVE passenger in a BURNING BUS
- At least 48 dead when bus plunges onto rocky beach in Peru
- Two killed, 15 hurt in 3 accidents in Mumbai
- Sangli: Five policemen held for beating robbery suspect to death, burning body
- Dera ripple in Delhi: Train, buses torched
- Arsonist sentenced to death in China for burning a bus
Xu torched the bus in the city of Longkou on August 20, 2014 with a bottle of petrol he carried in his bag.He poured petrol on clothes in the bag and set fire to the bus, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
A passenger died at the scene and two others died in hospital. Six people were seriously injured.Xu escaped after the fire but was arrested by police two days later.
He was sentenced to death and deprived of political rights for life by the court.Xu said he would appeal against the sentence in a higher court.