China’s population will increase to about 1.42 billion by the end of 2020 as result of the new policy to allow second child, according to the draft outline of a five-year plan released in Beijing on Saturday.
China had a population of 1.37462 billion by the end of 2015, data released by the National Bureau of Statistics said.
The country will further adhere to the family planning policy as a basic state policy, and fully carry out the two-child policy, said the draft outline of the 13th Five-Year Plan (2016-2020) submitted to the national legislature the National People’s Congress for examination.
China has scrapped the over three and half decade old one-child policy and replaced it with two-child policy from this year as it saddled with increasing numbers of old age people whose numbers have already crossed over 200 million.
- Study claims that China's two-child policy won't lead to population boom
- China officially ends three-decade-old one child policy
- China's two-child policy evokes poor response from couples
- China scraps controversial one-child policy after 3 decades
- China rapidly greying; 13% population 60+
- China achieves slower rate of population growth
Imbalanced sex ratio, one of the highest among the world, will be addressed with comprehensive measures, the draft said.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
Reproductive health care, and maternal and child health care will be improved, and related policies will be revised to adapt to the implementation of the two-child policy, it said.
Family planning service management, and birth registration service system will be improved, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the draft as saying.
Efforts addressing an aging population and the decrease of working age population will be carried out, it said.