China on Saturday called on the international community to keep the general direction for a political solution and push for the solution of the Syrian crisis through dialogue by all the parties in Syria. The statement came as Liu Jieyi, the Chinese permanent representative to the United Nations, was taking the floor at the UN Security Council after two opposing draft resolutions on Syria failed to pass the 15-nation UN body.
“On the question of Syria, the international community should keep the general direction for a political solution and push for the solution of the question of Syria through dialogue by all the parties in Syria so that the war can be ended as soon as possible, ” Liu said.
China abstained from the French-drafted resolution, which sought to end airstrikes on the north Syrian city of Aleppo by grounding the Russian and Syrian military planes over Aleppo, and voted in favor of the Russian draft which called for an end to hostilities in the Middle East country and ensure humanitarian access to the Syrian people in need. The two draft resolutions both failed to be approved by the Security Council.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen