Boosting the ties between the two countries, Chinese President Xi Jinping and his Philippine counterpart Rodrigo Duterte have agreed to resolve differences and achieve full improvement and greater progress in bilateral ties. Xi called the countries “neighbors across the sea,” and said that though their relations have gone through twists and turns, the foundation of the China-Philippines friendship and the willingness to cooperate remain unchanged, reports the Xinhua.
Watch What Else Is Making News
During the talks with the Duterte, Xi stated that his country highly values its relations with the Philippine, and is ready to work with the country to strengthen the political trust and win-win cooperation, properly handle differences and become good partners.
Differences in the South China Sea issue can be managed through dialogue and consultation which will act as an important base for the healthy and stable growth of China-Philippines relations, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Chinese President said that China supports Philippine government’s fight against drug, terrorism and crime, and would like to cooperate with them in these areas. China is ready to enhance cooperation with the Philippine under the framework of the Belt and Road initiative, he further said.
The Philippine President is on a state visit to China from Tuesday to Friday. It is his first official visit to a foreign country outside ASEAN since he took office in June.
The ties between Beijing-Manila had been deteriorated owing to the South China Sea arbitration case brought by Duterte’s predecessor, Benigno Aquino III, against China. (ANI) Ends AKS/