China on Sunday sentenced a 70-year-old former senior legislator to death for taking ‘a huge amount of bribes’ and holding excessive assets with unidentified sources, becoming the latest official to be punished for graft under a campaign launched by President Xi Jingping.
Bai Enpei, former senior lawmaker with China’s legislature, the National People’s Congress, who had also served as the head of the provincial committees of the ruling Communist Party of China in Qinghai and Yunnan province, respectively, has been deprived of political rights for life and had all his personal property confiscated.
Enpei has been sentenced to death with a two-year reprieve, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Thousands of officials at different levels have been punished in the three year long anti-corruption campaign initiated by President Xi.