British Prime Minister Theresa May has said that when she was the home secretary in 2012 she had sought permission from party whips to skip a crucial vote in Parliament to attend the premier of James Bond movie Skyfall but was denied.
“I tried to persuade them that as I was responsible for the security service I should be allowed to go and watch it,” she was quoted as saying by The Sun. “But they didn’t buy it. I was very disappointed and had to go and watch it another time. The whips were not in my good books,” the British Premier said.
In a candid interview, May also said that shoes are her greatest love and she cannot resist adding them to her collection. “They are my biggest weakness and my greatest extravagance,” she said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Asked how many pairs she owns, May said, “not enough”. May also said that she loves cooking and cannot wait to get into the kitchen whenever she has spare time. Her signature dish is slow-cooked roast lamb with garlic and rosemary.
May said her favourite TV programmes are Masterchef and Great British Bake Off.