An evangelical church collapsed in Sao Paulo and at least five people were injured, the fire department has said. The Assembly of God church collapsed in the industrial suburb of Diadema.
Fire authorities say those injured included three children who were rushed to a local hospital and released shortly afterward. Three other slightly injured people were pulled from the debris.
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Bengaluru rural: At least three killed in building collapse, many feared trapped
- Videos show Egyptian church gunman confidently walking away
- Zaveri Bazaar: Slab collapse kills three, one feared trapped
- Bhiwandi building collapse leaves 3 dead; structure was illegal, say police
- Nigerian church collapses, 160 dead, says hospital director
The department’s press office yesterday said rescue teams were searching for other people who may have been trapped under the rubble.
It was unclear how many people were inside the church when it collapsed. The cause of the collapse was not immediately known.
According to Diadema’s City Hall the church was being renovated and did not have the necessary permit to hold services.