A Nobel Prize committee member has called Bob Dylan ‘arrogant’and ‘impolite’ after the singer chose to remain silent on him being awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. The singer, songwriter who was lauded with a Nobel Prize in Literature was contacted by Swedish Academy but he ignored them.
“We were aware that he can be difficult and that he does not like appearances when he stands alone on the stage,” Per Wästberg said in an interview. “One can say that it is impolite and arrogant,” the academy member said.
The academy member also said that the snub came as a little surprise to the Nobel committee given Dylan’s history of avoiding public recognition. “He is who he is, but this is an unprecedented situation,” he said.
After over a week of being lauded with the prestigious award, Dylan has choose to not acknowledge his victory and has made no comments on it. Just couple of days ago, the words “winner of the Nobel prize in literature”, which appeared on his website has been removed, according to a report by The Guardian.
Bob Dylan has a history of being erratic around prizes. Receiving the 1963 Tom Paine award for civil rights, he fumbled and even said that he sympthaised with President John F. Kennedy’s killers, although he issued an apology later. He skipped subsequent award ceremonies where he won accolades.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Even when President of the United States Barack Obama invited him to play for the Black History Month, he reluctantly agreed and walked off after the performance.