China’s national observatory on Sunday issued a blue alert with some areas in northern part of the country likely to see heavy snow or blizzard.
Some parts of Inner Mongolia, Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei are forecast to embrace heavy snow between 8:00 am Sunday and 8:00 am Monday, according to the National Meteorological Center (NMC).
Some parts of Beijing and Hebei are expected to see a blizzard during the period, said the NMC.
The public in these regions have been advised to stay indoors, and warned to take protective and emergency measures against snow and frost, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
China has a four-tier colour-coded system for severe weather, with red being the most serious, followed by orange, yellow and blue.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
From Sunday till Thursday, temperatures inmost parts of central and eastern China are forecast to decline by 6 to 10 degrees Celsius, the NMC said on Saturday.