A soon-to-be out of work Barack Obama suffered the indignities of the job interview – at the hands of “The Late Show” host Stephen Colbert. In a taped segment that aired last night, Obama got in an appeal to millennials to vote on November 8 and shamelessly plugged his accomplishments as president.
But Colbert, in the guise of clueless office manager “Randy,” was not impressed. “55. Tough time to start over for a man,” he said, looking over Obama’s resume. “I don’t see any promotions for the last eight years. That’s not always good. Can you explain that?” Colbert asks.
“Honestly, there wasn’t a lot of room for advancement in my last job,” said Obama. “The only one with a more powerful position was my wife.” Obama gave no hint about what he actually might like to do after vacating the White House in January, but he seemed in no hurry to leave the political scene. “You know what I really love doing? Is encouraging the youth of America to get out and vote this November so that the good work that we’ve done over the past eight years can continue on into the future,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Obama didn’t say who they should vote for, but when Colbert gave him a choice between “an extra fiber nutrient bar, which has traveled to more than one hundred countries, or this shriveled tangerine covered in golden retriever hair, filled with bile that I wouldn’t leave alone with the woman I love,” Obama said: “I think I’ll go with the fiber nutrient bar.”