An Australian and a Briton residing on the resort island of Bali have been arrested on suspicion of possessing hashish, an offence that can incur jail sentences of up to 20 years, Indonesian police said in a statement on Sunday.
Police found 7.32 grams of suspected hashish at the residence of the 48-year-old Australian in Sanur. He led them to a 55-year-old Briton, who was found in possession of at least 10.09 grams of hashish, as well as a bong.
Both suspects has lived in Bali for five years according to the police. Drug trafficking in Indonesia carried a maximum death penalty, and the country has faced widespread international criticism for executions of drug traffickers, including those of a group including two Australians in 2015 which went ahead despite repeated pleas for mercy from governments and international activists.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“For sure, we are building this case further to find the big dealer behind the origin of this (drugs),” said Gede Ganefo, head of narcotics units of Denpasar police. The two suspects has violated a narcotic law which carries a maximum 20 year of prison, Ganefo said.