Donald Trump’s immediate family members on Sunday hoped Americans will accept the apology of the the Republican presidential nominee, who is facing the prospect of a humiliating defeat in the November general elections after surfacing of his lewd comments against women. “The words my husband used are unacceptable and offensive to me,” his wife Melania Trump said in a rare statement.
“This does not represent the man that I know. He has the heart and mind of a leader,” she said. “I hope people will accept his apology, as I have, and focus on the important issues facing our nation and the world.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
His son Eric Trump sent an email to his supporters asking them to support his father and help him raise funds.
“My father has been preparing for tomorrow night’s debate and I know you’re going to be proud. To ensure he delivers a tremendous victory for the American people, I will once again hand him a list of supporters who made a contribution in honour of our great movement,” Eric said.
His other son, Donald Trump Jr, also came out in his support on a day when Trump was facing the worst political crisis of his life.
“These false, negative ads are going to start coming quickly now that there are only 30 days left. And we absolutely need to make sure we are fully funded, or else we won’t be able counter each and every one of these false attacks with the truth,” he said.
“That’s what Crooked Hillary is hoping for. But what she doesn’t realise is that when you attack our movement with false ads and blatant lies, we will not stand for it,” his son said.
The appeal by Trump’s family came soon after his White House campaign was jolted with surfacing of a 2005 video of him in which he is making lewd remarks about women that also prompted a rare apology from the controversial Republican presidential candidate.
The video, obtained by the Washington Post, captures Trump having an extremely lewd conversation about women.
“I just start kissing them…Just kiss. I don’t even wait,” Trump is quoted saying. “And when you’re a star they let you do it,” he says in the recording.
The 70-year-old business tycoon bragged in vulgar terms about kissing, groping and trying to have sex with women during the conversation caught on a microphone.