At least 47 Malaysians, including nine women and eight children, are involved with the Islamic state terror group in Syria and Iraq, a top police official has said.
Police Special Branch director Mohamad Fuzi said they comprised 30 men, nine women and eight children.
“Of the 72 linked to the militant group, 18 were reportedly killed in Syria while seven others died as suicide bombers last year,” Fuzi said.
- Malaysia: Three ISIS militants arrested for planning attack on temple in Batu Caves
- Malaysia: Three ISIS suspects arrested for planning attacks on eve of independence day
- IS targeting Malaysian military personnel for recruitment
- Malaysian police arrest three Islamist militants
- Malaysia deports Sikh militant to India
- Malaysia works with Interpol,India to check KLF activities
“Some of those involved in militant activities were arrested and charged in court,” he told Bernama news agency.
Fuzi said the police has taken measures to curb the spread of ISIS ideology by collaborating with the Immigration Department, KL International Airport (KLIA) and Interpol to monitor the country’s entry points.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“If they ISIS militants return to their country of origin via KLIA, they will be arrested immediately, and if they use other means, the police have the mechanism to detect them,” he added.
Malaysia is a multi ethnic Muslim majority country.