At least 22 Nigerien soldiers were killed on Thursday in an attack on a refugee camp in the country’s western region of Tassara. A source told Xinhua that unknown gunmen attacked Nigerien soldiers who were guarding the camp housing Malian refugees, and killed at least 22 soldiers.
The attackers are suspected to be Islamic extremists from northern Mali, according to the source. There is no official comment on the attack, but according to the source, the Nigerien military has launched an operation to hunt for the attackers.
Niger’s national television reported Thursday night that a refugee camp in the country’s western region bordering Mali was attacked by armed men. The report said there were heavy casualties but did not reveal the exact number.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing