Twelve people including two children died and 30 were injured when their bus turned over on Tuesday near the tourist resort of Cancun, emergency services said.
The bus crashed in the early hours in a wooded area of the Carrillo Puerto municipality, said Reyes Silvestre, head of the local civil protection rescue team.
- Maharashtra hospital challenge: anaemic mothers, low-birth weight babies
- 10 killed in multiple road accidents in Kolkata in last 24 hours
- One dead, two including driver critical in Gujarat school bus-tanker collision
- Jodhpur doctors get into verbal spat over admission of patients while operating on pregnant woman
- Three accidents across Maharashtra claim 18 lives, leave 33 injured
- Teen was unaccompanied, parents ‘equally responsible’ for death: Thane Municipal Transport
There were 50 passengers on board, all Mexicans, Silvestre told AFP. The bus had driven some 200 kilometers (120 miles) from the Veracruz region headed for Cancun.
“Among the 12, there was a baby who died at the scene of the accident, and another child whose exact age we do not know, who died while being transferred to hospital,” Silvestre said.