Twelve people including two children died and 30 were injured when their bus turned over on Tuesday near the tourist resort of Cancun, emergency services said.
The bus crashed in the early hours in a wooded area of the Carrillo Puerto municipality, said Reyes Silvestre, head of the local civil protection rescue team.
- Himachal: 22 killed, 78 injured in twin bus accidents; CM announces compensation
- Bus plunge kills 13 in Philippines
- Eight,including four kids,die in road accident in Mewat
- 12 children killed in Jalandhar after school bus collides with truck
- 10 killed,42 injured as bus falls into stream in J-K
- 2 die,one hurt in 3 road mishaps
There were 50 passengers on board, all Mexicans, Silvestre told AFP. The bus had driven some 200 kilometers (120 miles) from the Veracruz region headed for Cancun.
“Among the 12, there was a baby who died at the scene of the accident, and another child whose exact age we do not know, who died while being transferred to hospital,” Silvestre said.