The US has said that it is confident that Pakistan is well aware of its responsibilities regarding its nuclear weapons. “The United States is confident that Pakistan is well aware of its responsibilities with respect to nuclear security and has secured its nuclear arsenal accordingly,” the State Department said in a statement on Wednesday.
The US has stated this clearly earlier too, including in a State Department press statement of September 4, 2013 and the October 23, 2013 US-Pakistan Joint Statement issued as part of the visit of Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
This week’s Joint Statement was issued following the ministerial level US-Pakistan Strategic Dialogue stated that “Secretary Kerry expressed confidence in Pakistan’s commitment and dedication to nuclear security and appreciated Pakistan’s efforts to improve its strategic trade controls.”
He also recognised that Pakistan is fully engaged with the international community on nuclear safety and security issues, the statement said.
The US statement came after a new report in The New York Times raised questions over the security of the Pakistan’s nuclear arsenals.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In Islamabad, Pakistan claimed that it follows best practises and standards set by the International Atomic Energy Agency to safeguard its nuclear assets and it has an impeccable record of safely operating nuclear power plants for over 40 years.