Nepali Congress Chairman Sushil Koirala emerged victorious in the race for party’s parliamentary leadership, defeating his only rival Sher Bahadur Deuba on Sunday. With this, Koirala will be approaching President Ram Baran Yadav to appoint him as the Prime Minister, although the Constituent Assembly-cum-Parliament with 575 members at the moment is a hung one, with NC having only196 seats.
Koirala has so far maintained that he would continue to retain both the posts – as a CPP leadership and that of the Party Chief. However, he said he will appoint Ram Chandra Poudel, another senior leader as the working president as part of the ‘deal’ between the two.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations