Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday chaired a high-level meeting of civil and military officials to review the current regional and national security situation.
Minister for Interior Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, Chief of the Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, Advisor to PM on Foreign Affairs and National Security Sartaj Aziz and ISI chief General Zaheer-ul-Islam, among others were present in the meeting, according to a statement issued by the Prime Minister’s House.
This was the first such meeting after BJP leader Narendra Modi’s win in India’s general election.
Army chief Sharif briefed the prime minister regarding his recent visit to Kabul and his discussions on border coordination and security for second phase of Afghan presidential elections. The meeting also reviewed law and order situation in Balochistan and Karachi.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations