On Monday CPN-Maoist leader Prachanda met Prime Minister Narendra Modi here and expressed confidence that a “new chapter” has begun in Indo-Nepal ties.
Prachanda, and who led a decade-long armed movement before joining mainstream politics about seven years back, said he found Modi “very clear” in his mind about supporting the ongoing peace process and economic progress of Nepal.
“We had a very fruitful meeting. A new initiative has begun in relations of India and Nepal. It is really historic,” the former Prime Minister of Nepal, who has been a critic of India, said after the meeting with Modi during which the two discussed the current state of bilateral ties and the future.
Noting that Nepal is in a “very delicate phase of transition” in terms of peace process and Constitution-making process, Prachanda said these processes should be completed successfully at the earliest.
“Modiji clearly committed support to Constitution-making and concluding this process…He is very clear in his mind to support Nepal’s economic prosperity and political stability. A new chapter has begun. It is really historic,” said Prachanda, whose actual name is Pushpa Kamal Dahal.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Prachanda met Modi, the first Indian premier to visit Nepal in 17 years, on the second day of his two-day trip.
On Sunday, while reacting to Modi’s address to the Constituent Assembly, Prachanda had hailed the speech as “touching” and said he was visualising the dawn of a new chapter in bilateral ties.
Prachanda said the way Modi spoke demonstrates that he thoroughly understands the “ups and downs” of Nepal’s peace process.
“His speech was touching and very inspiring,” he had said while commenting on Modi’s 45-minute address.
“I feel a new chapter is going to open in India-Nepal relations,” said Prachanda.
The 60-year-old leader had quit the post of prime minister a few years back following a controversy over sacking of the army chief.