At least five persons were injured on Saturday when a 5.6-magnitude earthquake jolted Yingjiang County of China’s southwestern Yunnan Province.
The epicenter of the quake was measured at 25.0 degrees north and 97.8 degrees east, at a depth of 12 km, according to the China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC).
The injured people have been admitted to hospital, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Many residents rushed out of home when the quake happened. Tiles fell from some roofs and a power blackout occurred in the epicenter, said Tao Jiqing, ruling Communist Party secretary of the county.
The Yunan Provincial Civil Affairs Department has sent 500 tents and 1,000 folding beds to the quake-hit areas.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Relief efforts are underway. Yingjiang borders Myanmar. It has a population of three lakhs.