A day after a major terror strike at Karachi International Airport, which killed at least 36 people, another strike has been reported in the airport complex on Tuesday. According to reports, the airport security force hostel has been attacked by militants.
Reports said that heavy exchange of fire is taking place between the militants and security forces. However, the authorities have confirmed that the airport is safe. The terrorists were later holed up in a building.
Pakistan TV reports said that the militants are armed with rocket launchers and other ammunition. All flight operations were suspended after the attack. Reports further said that the militants intended to target flights and airport, but were prevented from doing that by security forces. Here are live updates:
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
# Police claim that there are no attackers in the area now.
# Two motorcycle-borne gunmen open fire on Karachi academy and flee.
# Flight operations resume at Karachi airport, say reports.
# According to reports, at least five people were killed in the attack.
# Tehreek-e-Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack at the Karachi airport complex.
# Reports suggest all roads leading to the Karachi airport sealed following fresh attack.
# Ghulam Abbas Memon, a spokesman for the Airport Security Force, says gunmen tried to enter the facility from two different entrances.
# Memon says he doesn’t have any details on the number of attackers or possible casualties.
# Rangers move ahead to identify the house from where militants are firing, say reports.
# Security forces move ahead.
# There may be five to eight militants involved in the attack, say reports.