A day after a major terror strike at Karachi International Airport, which killed at least 36 people, another strike has been reported in the airport complex on Tuesday. According to reports, the airport security force hostel has been attacked by militants.
Reports said that heavy exchange of fire is taking place between the militants and security forces. However, the authorities have confirmed that the airport is safe. The terrorists were later holed up in a building.
Pakistan TV reports said that the militants are armed with rocket launchers and other ammunition. All flight operations were suspended after the attack. Reports further said that the militants intended to target flights and airport, but were prevented from doing that by security forces. Here are live updates:
# Police claim that there are no attackers in the area now.
# Two motorcycle-borne gunmen open fire on Karachi academy and flee.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
# Flight operations resume at Karachi airport, say reports.
# According to reports, at least five people were killed in the attack.
# Tehreek-e-Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack at the Karachi airport complex.
# Reports suggest all roads leading to the Karachi airport sealed following fresh attack.
# Ghulam Abbas Memon, a spokesman for the Airport Security Force, says gunmen tried to enter the facility from two different entrances.
# Memon says he doesn’t have any details on the number of attackers or possible casualties.
# Rangers move ahead to identify the house from where militants are firing, say reports.
# Security forces move ahead.
# There may be five to eight militants involved in the attack, say reports.