At least five persons were killed and 35 others injured when a fire engulfed a moving bus in southwest China today.
The fire broke out at 1 pm (local time) when the bus was passing by a primary school at Guiyang City of Guizhou Province, provincial information department said. The number of injured has risen to 35 from 30, it said. The injured were admitted to four different hospitals, state news agency Xinhua reported.
The driver of the bus said there were about 50 people on board the bus when the fire broke out. “I opened the door at once out of instinct, so that people could get off as soon as possible,” he said. Pictures posted on China’s Twitter-like microblogging site Sina Weibo showed the bus was engulfed in flames with thick black smoke surging toward the sky.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The information department said since January last year all 1,850 buses operating in the province had started using liquefied natural gas instead of gasoline for green purposes.