Nepal has formed a foreign aid coordination and facilitation committee with the participation of the Nepali government, China, India, the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank. Headed by Nepalese Prime Minister Puspa Kamal Dahal, the National Reconstruction Authority Advisory Council, would bring uniformity and avoid duplicity in the implementation of aid in the post-quake reconstruction work here, Xinhua news reported.
The neighbouring countries along with multilateral institutions had committed the largest amount of aid for the post-earthquake reconstruction of Nepal. The committee would involve the government, other Nepalese stakeholders and donors under the coordination of the NRA’s Chief Executive Officer Sushil Gyawali, a statement issued on Sunday said.
There would also be one representative each from four donors who would be part of the mechanism put in place. The coordination committee would encourage domestic and foreign donors, civil society and the private sector to contribute to the reconstruction.
The committee would provide necessary suggestions after conducting a review of the progress in the reconstruction carried out with foreign aid so far.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016