Expressing shock over the crash of a Malaysia Airlines plane with 298 people on board in eastern Ukraine, Chinese President Xi Jinping has called for a fair and objective probe.
“I was shocked,” Xi, who is on a visit to Argentina, said at a joint press conference with Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner at Buenos Aires about the tragedy.
The ill-fated Boeing 777 Flight MH17 from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was shot down over Eastern Ukraine on Thursday.
All 298 people on board were killed in the crash. Xi conveyed his deep condolences on the massive loss of lives and sincere sympathies with the families of the victims.
“I hope that a fair and objective probe will be carried out to establish the truth as early as possible,” state-run Xinhua news agency today quoted him as saying.
All Chinese airlines have rerouted their flights over eastern Ukraine following the crash of the Malaysia Airlines plane in the region. China’s civil aviation authority has ordered all Chinese aircraft flying over Ukraine to avoid airspace over that area.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked