Expressing shock over the crash of a Malaysia Airlines plane with 298 people on board in eastern Ukraine, Chinese President Xi Jinping has called for a fair and objective probe.
“I was shocked,” Xi, who is on a visit to Argentina, said at a joint press conference with Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner at Buenos Aires about the tragedy.
The ill-fated Boeing 777 Flight MH17 from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was shot down over Eastern Ukraine on Thursday.
All 298 people on board were killed in the crash. Xi conveyed his deep condolences on the massive loss of lives and sincere sympathies with the families of the victims.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I hope that a fair and objective probe will be carried out to establish the truth as early as possible,” state-run Xinhua news agency today quoted him as saying.
All Chinese airlines have rerouted their flights over eastern Ukraine following the crash of the Malaysia Airlines plane in the region. China’s civil aviation authority has ordered all Chinese aircraft flying over Ukraine to avoid airspace over that area.