The Sunni militant group which is at the centre of the ongoing crisis in Iraq has been attracting attention from all over the world during the past one week. The onslaught that started with the capture of the second largest city of Iraq, Mosul, has reached to the seizure of main oil refinery of Iraq.
What is ISIL
The militants are the members of Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), an al Qaeda-inspired group, which aims to establish a caliphate (an Islamic state) in the Sunni majority regions of Iraq, later expanding this to include Syria.
Iraq’s Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has accused regional Sunni powerhouse Saudi Arabia of backing the militants of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, who want to carve out a Sunni caliphate in the heart of the Middle East.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More