Tunisia’s prime minister says one of the two gunmen who killed 17 foreign tourists and two Tunisians at the Bardo museum was known to intelligence services, but no formal links to a particular terror group have been established.
- Tunisian policeman dies after stabbing by suspected radical
- Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi declares 30-day emergency in aftermath of Islamic State massacre
- Islamic State group claims responsibility for attack on Bardo national museum
- 9 detained in connection with Tunisia museum attack
- Tunisia: Gunman known to intelligence ahead of attack
- Islamic State role being investigated in Tunisia museum attack
In an interview with RTL radio Thursday, Habib Essi said Tunisia is working with other countries to learn more about the attackers, identified as Yassine Laabidi and Hatem Khachnaoui. He said Laabidi had been flagged to intelligence, although not for “anything special.”
Meanwhile, two of the cruise ships with passengers among the victims left the port of Tunis. MSC Cruises said nine passengers from the Splendida were killed, 12 injured and six unaccounted-for. Another ship, the Costa Fascinosa, said 13 passengers had not returned on board when the ship left port overnight.