Palestinian negotiators are mulling over an Egyptian proposal to end the monthlong Gaza war with Israel, as the clock on the latest 72-hour cease-fire ticks down.
The cease-fire ends at midnight Wednesday (2100 GMT). Since it went into effect Sunday, Israel has halted military operations in the coastal territory and Gaza militants have stopped firing rockets.
Speaking on condition of anonymity because he is not permitted to discuss negotiations with the press, a member of the Palestinian delegation to truce talks in Cairo said negotiators are considering an Egyptian proposal tabled Tuesday.
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
The proposal calls for easing parts of the Israeli blockade of Gaza, bringing relief to the territory. But it leaves the most contentious issues — including a full lifting of the closures — for later talks.