Palestinian negotiators are mulling over an Egyptian proposal to end the monthlong Gaza war with Israel, as the clock on the latest 72-hour cease-fire ticks down.
The cease-fire ends at midnight Wednesday (2100 GMT). Since it went into effect Sunday, Israel has halted military operations in the coastal territory and Gaza militants have stopped firing rockets.
Speaking on condition of anonymity because he is not permitted to discuss negotiations with the press, a member of the Palestinian delegation to truce talks in Cairo said negotiators are considering an Egyptian proposal tabled Tuesday.
The proposal calls for easing parts of the Israeli blockade of Gaza, bringing relief to the territory. But it leaves the most contentious issues — including a full lifting of the closures — for later talks.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review