A Palestinian teenager from annexed east Jerusalem was kidnapped and killed early on Wednesday in a suspected act of revenge for the murder of three Israeli youths, army radio reported.
The radio said the youth was seen being forced into a car in the Arab eastern half of the city.
His body was found several hours later in another part of the city, the radio said, describing it as a “suspected revenge attack.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Three Israeli teenagers were snatched from a road in the southern West Bank on June 12 and their bodies were found on Monday in a murder Israel has blamed on the Islamist Hamas movement.
They were buried on Wednesday after a day of emotionally-charged funerals.
Israel police said they were investigating reports of a kidnapping and confirmed finding a body but refused to say whether the two incidents were connected. They did not give details on the victim’s identity.
“In the early hours of Wednesday morning, police received a report of a person being forced into a car in Beit Hanina,” police spokeswoman Luba Samri told AFP, referring to a well-heeled east Jerusalem neighbourhood.
“Within an hour, a body was found in Jerusalem that has still not been identified. We are looking to see if there is a connection between the two incidents.”
Quoting witnesses, army radio said a black car had stopped next to a youth who was hitchhiking and he was forced inside. The car then took off.
Some time later, the family of the youth, who is understood to be around 16, reported him missing, it said.
Outside the home of the youth in Shuafat, which is very close to Beit Hanina, a large crowd of angry Palestinians were hurling stones at police, who were responding with sound bombs, an AFP correspondent said.
The body was discovered in a forest in Givat Shaul in southwest Jerusalem, the radio said. An AFP correspondent said police had sealed off a large area around the neighbourhood.