US President Barack Obama has congratulated Reuven Rivlin on his election as the next President of Israel.
“Over more than six decades, the United States and Israel have developed a unique relationship based on shared democratic values, our unshakable commitment to Israel’s security, and our partnership in scientific research and innovative technology,” Obama said in a statement yesterday.
“President-elect Rivlin has a long and dedicated record of public service and we look forward to continued strong ties, to the benefit of both our nations, under Mr Rivlin’s presidency,” he said.
“As President Shimon Peres nears the end of his term, he can look back on a remarkable legacy of courage, conviction, and compassion,” Obama said about Peres whose term ends next month.
“He has dedicated his extraordinary life to the cause of peace, and I look forward to welcoming him in Washington later this month where he will receive the Congressional Gold Medal,” said the US President.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The House Democratic Whip Steny H Hoyer too congratulated the new Israeli president.
“With a long record of leadership in the Knesset and as an advocate for a strong and secure Israel, President-elect Rivlin will surely bring to his new role many important qualities that will continue the Presidency’s mission to promote accountable government and represent Israel around the world,” he said.
“As Israel continues to seek a secure and peaceful future for its region, the United States will continue to stand by our strong ally,” he said.
“I look forward to working with President-elect Rivlin to advance our nations’ shared goals, and I join as well in congratulating President Peres on successfully completing a term in office that has been the capstone to an incredible career devoted to serving his nation, advancing the cause of justice around the world, and working tirelessly to promote lasting peace,” Hoyer said.
Rivlin will be sworn-in on July 24.