Kenyan authorities say militants from the same extremist group,al-Shabab,that took over a Nairobi mall have attacked a security post near the Somali border,killing two police officers.
The attack that took place earlier is the second by al-Shabab after the bloody four-day standoff at the Westgate Mall that ended Tuesday in which at least 67 people were killed.
Al-Shabab threatened in a message that if the Kenyan troops remain in Somalia,Kenyans must “be prepared for an abundance of blood.”
Regional police chief Charlton Mureithi says the militants’ attack in the town of Mandera also resulted in three police officers injured and 11 vehicles destroyed.
Militants attacked the border town of Wajir,killing one and wounding four persons after a gunman opened fire and threw grenades yesterday night.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review