The Israeli air force carried out 12 raids on the Gaza Strip overnight after militants fired more rockets at southern Israel, Palestinian security sources said on Wednesday.
The attacks struck training grounds used by Palestinian militants, leaving two people lightly injured, they informed.
The Israeli military confirmed a series of overnight strikes in a statement which said it had struck five rocket-launching sites in northern Gaza, as well two other sites in central and southern areas of the strip.
The raids took place after militants fired five rockets at southern Israel, one of which hit an open area. Two were intercepted by the Iron Dome anti-missile system while the other two landed inside Gaza, the statement said.
In a related development, a Palestinian child who was seriously wounded on Tuesday when a rocket fired at Israel fell
short and landed inside Gaza, died of her injuries during the night, medical sources said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She was one of four people wounded in the incident, they said.
There has been a noticeable uptick in Palestinian rocket fire at Israel in recent weeks, leading to a series of almost
nightly air strikes by Israel.
The increase in rocket fire comes as Israeli troops stage a wide-ranging manhunt for three teenagers who disappeared
from the southern West Bank on June 12, with the Israeli government blaming militants from the Islamist Hamas movement.
Until June 2, when Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank formed a joint administration, the coastal territory had been
ruled by Hamas.
Since the beginning of the year, Gaza militants have fired more than 200 rockets at southern Israel, army statistics show.