At least 19 people have drowned and six others injured after a ferry collided with a cargo boat and capsized in the Nile River in Egypt, officials said.
The incident took place late last night in Waraq area near here, Interior Ministry said in a statement.
- Tunisian navy recovers 10 more bodies after boat collision
- At least 12 dead, scores missing in Rohingya boat capsize, say officials
- Uttar Pradesh: 19 dead in Baghpat boat mishap
- Two Brazil boat wrecks in two days leave 39 dead
- Egypt: Ferryboat sinks into Nile river killing at least 15
- Bangladesh loses 7 in deadly ferry crash
Following the collision, the passenger boat sustained damages, causing it to sank in the river. Six people have been rescued and the captain of the cargo boat has been arrested, the ministry said.
At least 18 divers and eight rescue boats were searching for survivors as it was estimated that around 25 people were on board the ferry when it met with the accident, it added.