The Centre on Monday facilitated return of 94 Indians from strife-torn Iraq and the number is expected to touch 600 by the end of this week, the MEA said.
Indian officials in Iraq are reaching out to compatriots and facilitating paperwork and ticketing for those who want to return home, MEA spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said. “The facilitation of Indian nationals in Iraq in areas which are not in conflict zones is now underway,” he said, adding special mobile teams are reaching out to Indians in Najaf, Karbala, Basra and Baghdad, advising them to leave the country.
“The departure of more than 600 Indian nationals will be facilitated during the course of this week,” he said. Akbaruddin also said that 60 Indians from Najaf, 30 from Karbala and four from Baghdad have left Iraq Monday.
Asked about 39 Indians who have been abducted, he reiterated that they were “knocking on all doors”.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing