With a mission to spread awareness about global warming, an Indian man in Oman took up the challenge to go on an expedition to Antarctica even though he did not have enough financial backing.
Julius Caesar, an engineer by profession, was among 55 participants from different parts of the world during the two-week long expedition called Antarctic Youth Ambassador Programme (AYAP) on global warming and climate change and effects of greenhouse gases.
“Right from my childhood, I have been concerned about the degeneration of the fragile eco system. But lack of enough funds was hindering my plans. Recognising my commitment, the IAE organisers loaned me the funds I lacked and allowed me to join the team,” Caesar told the newspaper.
He represented both India and Oman during the expedition. “Even though my company provided me with a good amount, I did not have enough money for the expedition. I approached many people but they were reluctant to help. So, as the day approached when I was to confirm my participation, I made a daring move to collect money,” he said.
“The day before I was to confirm my participation, I came to Ruwi and visited each and every shop to collect some money. Some good people trusted me and gave me money.” Caesar stayed in Antarctica for six days between March 8 and 21 and received training on global warming, climate change and effects of greenhouse gases, etc.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn