A newly-wed Indian woman, who was visiting her husband in Dubai, has won a prime property in her home state in a competition run by a radio station, according to a media report. Sruthymol V, 24, won the property three months after her marriage, when she flew into Dubai on a visit visa.
Sruthymol, who has graduated in computer science and engineering, was selected as the winner of 2,500 sqft of prime property in her home state Kerala in a competition run by Malayalam radio station Hit 96.7 FM, the Khaleej Times said. She ‘hit the jackpot’ when her winning message was picked by the station’s randomiser from among a whopping 4.4 million messages the channel received for the contest held to mark its 10th anniversary in June.
“He (her husband Maneesh) had promised to get me a mobile phone when I go back to India if I don’t get a job. But he decided to buy the phone soon because of these contests run by Hit 96.7 FM,” the newspaper quoted her as saying.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
To participate in the competition, listeners had to send free messages through the channel’s mobile app. Sruthymol sent 1,922 messages in total, which is low compared to some senders who texted more than 20,000 messages. No radio contests have given away such generous prizes to its listeners in the UAE.
“This is a record number of listener interaction under our group ARN’s radio network. We are checking if it is a record at the national or international level,” said Maya Kartha, deputy content director at Hit 96.7 FM. Located close to the Kochi Smart City project, a joint venture of the Dubai and Kerala governments, the plot won by Sruthymol is valued at about Rs 4 million.
The couple wishes to build a home on the plot which is in the frontage area of a gated community being developed.