A newly-wed Indian woman, who was visiting her husband in Dubai, has won a prime property in her home state in a competition run by a radio station, according to a media report. Sruthymol V, 24, won the property three months after her marriage, when she flew into Dubai on a visit visa.
Sruthymol, who has graduated in computer science and engineering, was selected as the winner of 2,500 sqft of prime property in her home state Kerala in a competition run by Malayalam radio station Hit 96.7 FM, the Khaleej Times said. She ‘hit the jackpot’ when her winning message was picked by the station’s randomiser from among a whopping 4.4 million messages the channel received for the contest held to mark its 10th anniversary in June.
“He (her husband Maneesh) had promised to get me a mobile phone when I go back to India if I don’t get a job. But he decided to buy the phone soon because of these contests run by Hit 96.7 FM,” the newspaper quoted her as saying.
To participate in the competition, listeners had to send free messages through the channel’s mobile app. Sruthymol sent 1,922 messages in total, which is low compared to some senders who texted more than 20,000 messages. No radio contests have given away such generous prizes to its listeners in the UAE.
“This is a record number of listener interaction under our group ARN’s radio network. We are checking if it is a record at the national or international level,” said Maya Kartha, deputy content director at Hit 96.7 FM. Located close to the Kochi Smart City project, a joint venture of the Dubai and Kerala governments, the plot won by Sruthymol is valued at about Rs 4 million.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The couple wishes to build a home on the plot which is in the frontage area of a gated community being developed.