Leading NRI industrialist Lord Swraj Paul has been honoured with the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ by a UK-based business association for his outstanding contribution to the industry, education and philanthropy. Lord Paul’s daughter Anjli received the award at the Black Country Asian Business Association’s annual awards dinner last night at Wednesbury in West Midlands as he was on a business trip to the US.
In his acceptance speech read out by Anjli, Lord Paul, founder Chairman of the Caparo Group, recalled his ties to the Black Country when Caparo first began operations in the West Midlands under the banner of a small company called L K Industrial.
“We changed the name to Caparo Industries and began to acquire more West Midlands manufacturing sites. Caparo now produces a range of steel based industrial and engineering products on 23 sites in the area.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He noted that since 1999 he has had the honour of being Chancellor of the University of Wolverhampton, which last year celebrated 21 years of University status. “The University began life 190 years ago as the Wolverhampton Mechanics’ Institute and laid the foundations of the University’s mission and values today – which is to provide the opportunity for quality education to all who want to study with us.”
Philanthropist and Labour politician, Lord Paul is also the chancellor of the University of Westminster. He was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India in 1983.