A 27-year-old Indian student, who had overstayed his visa in Australia, died at an immigration detention centre in Melbourne.
The student hung himself in his cell at the Maribyrnong immigration detention centre on Thursday night, Fairfax Media reported quoting its sources.
Australia’s immigration minister, Scott Morrison, confirmed that the man was found unconscious by the centre staff. Police, however, said the death was not being treated as suspicious.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The man had been detained in January after overstaying his visa, police said.
The provincial government in a statement expressed its “sympathy to the family and friends of the deceased man, and will provide support to the police and other authorities as appropriate to assist with their investigations”.